AEP Desert Regional Consortium Draft Meeting Agenda
October 8, 2018
Location: RCOE – 47-336 Oasis Street, A-33
Time: 8:30 AM
Desert Regional Consortium Members:
Dean Papas, COD
Jereme Weischedel, CVUSD – Vice-Chair
Larry Bellanich, DSUSD – Chair
Steve Pinning, PSUSD
Lucie M. Gonzalez, RCOE
Call to Order: Roll Call – Time and Date:
Establishment of a Quorum:
Board Meeting Agenda: Pursuant to the Desert Regional Consortium Governance Plan, the consortium member’s relative voting power will be one vote for each member. A quorum is three members present. A majority of the quorum is necessary for approval of decisions. Votes will be voiced by stating yes or no. Abstentions will be noted. Votes will be recorded in the minutes, including the names of the members making and seconding the motion.
Approval/Addition to Agenda:
Vote: Yes: No:
There will be an allotment of time (up to 3 minutes per person) given to members of the public for comment. Additional time will be given to the voting members to consider public comments. After discussion, the executive voting committee will vote or agree to pull the item for a second reading if members feel more time is necessary.
- Approve Agenda Minutes from September 10, 2018.
Vote: Yes: No:
- Approve Project Manager AEP Director’s Meeting reimbursement in the amount of AEP Conference Registration: $115.00, Travel: Amtrak – $144.00, Hotel: $271.03, Meals: $111.74, Taxi Fares: $66.00. Total: $707.00.
Vote: Yes: No:
- Informational only – 2019-2022 Three-Year Planning Guidance and Template – Due late October.
- Informational only – October 30th – 18-19 Member work plans & budgets due. (Includes 17/18 carry over and 18/19 new funds). (Consortium certification Project Manager by 11/30). NEW Change
- NOVA will not be available until October 15. NEW Change
- Informational only – Planning Team Training on Data – October 18 at San Bernardino or October 22 at Mt Sac. Register via AEP TAP.
- Informational only – Student data due in TOPSPro (Quarter 1) – Due October 31.
- Informational only – Member Q1 (2018-19) expenses – Due December 1st (Consortium Certification by Project Manager by 12/31).
- Informational only – Visit by Jennifer Hernandez, Associate Secretary, California Labor and Workforce Development Agency – December 10 Meeting
- Informational only – Data and Accountability Plan and Budget
- Consortia must track all students in AEP areas regardless of funding via TOPSPro Enterprise for 2017-18. This means we are tracking students in the AEBG program areas funded by WIOA I, II, III, IV, College Apportionment, LCFF, Perkins, CALWORKs, Adult Jail funds and AEBG funds.
- Beginning in 2018-19, Community College Districts will report in MIS for AEP, and K-12/COE will continue to report in TOPSPro. All WIOA II grantees will still report into TOPSPro.
- Consortia must use the National Reporting System (NRS) approved instruments for measurable skills gains in AEP funded instruction (12 hours or more) in ABE, ASE, and ESL Consortia will follow WIOA I measurable skills gains for CTE (see the Measuring Our Success Report) that include occupational skill gain, and workforce readiness.
- For Data and Accountability Funding- Changes may be made to the budget no later than December 1, 2018.
- Final expenditure Period is from June 1, 2016 to June 30, 2019. New Change.
- Informational only – All members must maintain:
- Enrollment, attendance and student performance data.
- If working in partnership with a member and/or partner, members shall maintain TOPSPro Enterprise data separate for all members involved.
- Each member shall have a separate TOPSPro Enterprise account and ID.
- If working in partnership with a member and/or partner, members shall have MOUs stating exactly what the data responsibility is for each member, as well as how invoice, transfer and/or expenditure of funds will occur for the members and/or partners.
- Informational only – Member Roundtable Updates.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, RCOE – 47-336 Oasis Street, A-33