AEBG Desert Regional Consortium
September 25, 2017
Location: RCOE – 47-336 Oasis Street, A-33
Time: 8:30 AM
Desert Regional Consortium Members:
Dean Papas, COD
Jereme Weischedel, CVUSD
Larry Bellanich, DSUSD – Vice-Chair
Steve Pinning, PSUSD
Art Kimball, RCOE – Chair
Call to Order /Roll Call:
Establishment of a Quorum:
Board Meeting Agenda: Pursuant to the Desert Regional Consortium Governance Plan, the consortium member’s relative voting power will be one vote for each member. A quorum is three members present. A majority of the quorum is necessary for approval of decisions. Votes will be voiced by stating yes or no. Abstentions will be noted. Votes will be recorded in the minutes, including the names of the members making and seconding the motion.
Approval/Addition to Agenda:
Vote: Yes: No:
There will be an allotment of time (up to 3 minutes per person) given to members of the public for comment. Additional time will be given to the voting members to consider public comments. After discussion, the executive voting committee will vote or agree to pull the item for a second reading if members feel more time is necessary.
- Approve Agenda Minutes from September 18, 2017.
Vote: Yes: No:
- Approve adjustments to final close out of remaining 2015-16 DRC committee budget.
The following amounts to be allocated – CVUSD: $73,929, DSUSD: $24,050, and RCOE – CTE: $80,929. In addition, CVUSD will invoice COD in the amount of $26,676 for ongoing contracts. Any remaining funds may be spent by COD. All funds must be spent prior to the December 1, 2017, DRC deadline.
Vote: Yes: No:
- Informational only – Release of 2017-18 AEBG Financial System Passwords – Approval letters will go out next week. The new fiscal system will be released in early October. Budgets won’t be due until late November/early December. The AEBG Office will be testing the new system out in October – instructions will follow, along with user names and passwords – New
- Informational only – Valet parking will be available for DRC Summit – $5.00.
- Informational only – October 12-13 – AEBG Consortia Project Director/Manager Event in Sacramento.
- Informational only – AEBG Training Dates and Locations for 2017-18 – Check for available dates and locations.
- Informational only – Submission of 2017-18 Budget – October 19
- Informational only – First Quarter Data and Data Integrity Report via TOPSpro® Enterprise Due – October 31
- Informational only: The Third Annual AEBG Summit will take place at the Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City Hotel on January 22-23, 2018. Details to follow. – New
- Informational only – Desert Regional Consortium Member Budgets:
- Three Budgets – 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18 – Maintain as separate
- Spend down 2015-16 first. Final expenditure is December 31, 2017.
- Check Allowable Purchases Document – If not sure, please ask Project Manager prior to making expenditure.
- Anything not in the Year-1, Year-2 and Year-3 Plan must be submitted to CCCCO/CDE as an addendum to either plan prior to expenditure.
- Informational only – Data and Accountability Plan and Budget – Update
- Consortia must track only students funded by AEBG for instruction and services via TOPSpro Enterprise.
- Consortia must use the National Reporting System (NRS) approved instruments for measurable skills gains in AEBG funded instruction (12 hours or more) in ABE, ASE, and ESL.
- Changes may be made to the budget no later than December 1, 2018.
- Final expenditure is December 31, 2018
- Informational only – All members must maintain:
- Enrollment, attendance and student performance data.
- If working in partnership with a member and/or partner, members shall maintain TOPSpro Enterprise data separate for all members involved.
- Each member shall have a separate TOPSpro Enterprise account and ID.
- If working in partnership with a member and/or partner, members shall have MOUs stating exactly what the data responsibility is for each member, as well as how invoice, transfer and/or expenditure of funds will occur for the members and/or partners.
- Informational only – Member Roundtable Updates.
Summit: Monday, October 9, 2017 – 8:30 a.m. at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort – 44-400 Indian Wells Lane, Indian Wells – Mountain View Room.
Next Meeting: Monday, November 13, 2017, RCOE – 47-336 Oasis Street, A-33