AEBG Desert Regional Consortium
May 14, 2018
Location: RCOE – 47-336 Oasis Street, A-33
Time: 8:30 AM
Desert Regional Consortium Members:
Dean Papas, COD
Jereme Weischedel, CVUSD
Larry Bellanich, DSUSD – Vice-Chair
Steve Pinning, PSUSD
Art Kimball, RCOE – Chair
Call to Order /Roll Call:
Establishment of a Quorum:
Board Meeting Agenda: Pursuant to the Desert Regional Consortium Governance Plan, the consortium member’s relative voting power will be one vote for each member. A quorum is three members present. A majority of the quorum is necessary for approval of decisions. Votes will be voiced by stating yes or no. Abstentions will be noted. Votes will be recorded in the minutes, including the names of the members making and seconding the motion.
Approval/Addition to Agenda:
Vote: Yes: No:
There will be an allotment of time (up to 3 minutes per person) given to members of the public for comment. Additional time will be given to the voting members to consider public comments. After discussion, the executive voting committee will vote or agree to pull the item for a second reading if members feel more time is necessary.
- Approve Agenda Minutes from April 9, 2018.
Vote: Yes: No:
- Approve Desert Regional Consortium 2018-19 Calendar Dates.
Vote: Yes: No:
- Informational only – The member expenditure report for Quarters 1, 2, and 3 is due in NOVA on June 1st. Expenditures will then be certified by June 30. The member combined 2016-17 and 2017-18 must be 60% expended. If not expended by 60% of the combined total of both budgets said member would be in corrective action status. In addition, the member would also be required to write a narrative as to why 60% the threshold was not met.
- Informational only – Final TOPSPro Report for 2017-18 for Quarters 1, 2, 3, and 4 due August 1, 2018.
- Informational only – Annual 3-Year Plan – Completion/Review by DRC – TBD
- Creation of the CFAD showing the 2018-19 distribution of funds to each member of the consortium,
- A narrative justifying how the planned allocations are consistent with the extended three-year plan,
- Certification by each member of the CFAD information in NOVA,
- Designation by the consortium of the fiscal structure for 2018-19 – fiscal agent or direct-funded.
- Due Date in August 15, 2018
- Informational only – AEBG 2018-19 disbursement of funds from the State – August (TBA)
- Informational only – Data and Accountability Plan and Budget
- Consortia must track only students funded by AEBG for instruction and services via TOPSpro Enterprise.
- Consortia must use the National Reporting System (NRS) approved instruments for measurable skills gains in AEBG funded instruction (12 hours or more) in ABE, ASE, and ESL.
- Changes may be made to the budget no later than December 1, 2018.
- Final expenditure is December 31, 2018
- Informational only – All members must maintain:
- Enrollment, attendance and student performance data.
- If working in partnership with a member and/or partner, members shall maintain TOPSpro Enterprise data separate for all members involved.
- Each member shall have a separate TOPSpro Enterprise account and ID.
- If working in partnership with a member and/or partner, members shall have MOUs stating exactly what the data responsibility is for each member, as well as how invoice, transfer and/or expenditure of funds will occur for the members and/or partners.
- Informational only – Member Roundtable Updates.
Next Meeting: Monday, June 11, 2018, RCOE – 47-336 Oasis Street, A-33